Holborn, LondonCirca Salary £49,000 + Inner London Weighting6 Months Fixed Term Contract, Full-Time working 35 hours per week (Flexible homeworking negotiable)
Please note, we encourage early applications and will be scheduling interviews with successful applicants as we go. We reserve the right to close applications early once a suitable candidate is appointed'
Raising vital money to transform children's lives.
The Innovation Team is a critical arm of the Fundraising Directorate at Action for Children. We identify areas for growth to solve business needs, which could include using partnerships as a driver for product development, exploring new products on our unrestricted pathway and looking at commercial / consumer products in the value exchange space.
We are looking for someone who can assess the landscape of innovation at the charity, understand the opportunities, develop and support the implementation of an innovation strategy. The ideal candidate will not be afraid to push for the right growth and drive forward the strategic direction of the team. You will be bold and understand what Action for Children need to do to achieve significant growth. You will be collaborative amongst your internal and external stakeholders and the roadmap for success will be to drive forward revenue growth in gap markets. After 18 months of Covid we want to level up, be more commercially focused and hit the ground running to change the face of our fundraising income.
You will make a difference by:
- Identifying and driving future strategic direction to increase impact of our innovation portfolio including assessment of gaps and new capabilities needed to ensure we're able to achieve growth through the programme.
- Developing and scaling key new products based on business needs and ensuring the business needs are the driver for where the opportunity areas are.
- Managing product risks and interdependencies with other elements of the programme and leading on quality assurance – delivering and designing high quality user-centric products at speed so that we have a balanced portfolio and multiple ways for audiences to support us financially.
- Continuously influencing key internal senior stakeholders and challenging current thinking.
- Creating and initiating a cross-divisional change programme to develop our effectiveness; enhance ways of working (and address tensions) in the current model between the increasing number of teams involved in new product development.
- Developing our work through partnerships and utilising this as a drive for new product development.
- Defining and driving opportunity areas for a new recurring revenue product.You will need:
- Experience of creating a growth strategy in complex, multi functional environments.
- Experience of running an innovation programme and working with multiple stakeholders with competing objectives.
- Experience at Department Head (or above) in the fundraising or innovation department of a large/national charity or equivalent.
- Expertise and experience in generating income from new products.
- Experience of identifying a consumer/audience need, developing/extending a product to meet that need and taking the product to market at scale.
- Proven experience, expertise and success in developing and implementing user-centric products.
- Experience at working at senior levels within a charity or commercial environment or equivalent. - Expertise in the leadership of multi-discipline/integrated campaign design and execution.
- Expertise in latest innovation approaches in a charity environment
- Understanding of product development processes ideally within a fundraising setting
- Fundraising / marketing knowledge is a plus - Sector knowledge of the latest innovation trends and fundraising initiatives
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.For more information, please contact Sam Richardson at Samantha.Richardson3@actionforchildren.org.ukWe are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Wales - Skills4Living - Pan Wales - £22,250.00
Scotland - Dundee Families Service - £24,000.00
EDD02 - Kernow Connect - £17,600.00
Wales - Tan y Dre Residential Service - £9.54
England North - Westacre - £25,700.00
EDD02 - Staffordshire Emotional Wellbeing Service - £18,800.00
EDD01 - Haydock Short Breaks - £24,500.00
Scotland - Glasgow Intensive Family Support Service - £48,000.00
Corporate Shared Service - Watford Office - £31,000.00