Permanent – Full-Time – 35 hours per week
c£30,000 per annum
Brilliant benefitsWe offer 29 days holiday plus public/bank holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, pension scheme where we contribute up to 7%, an employee discount portal and much more
The successful candidate will ensure compliance to the prevailing data protection legislation through the management of queries, functional support and to develop policies, documentation and robust information governance processes.
You will make a difference by:
- Providing advice and recommendations to colleagues across the organisation with respect to compliance with applicable legislation and regulations concerning the governance, its application and interpretation of our operations, management and maintenance of data, information or records, and provision of access to this.
- Delivering education and training to upskill key stakeholders and aid their understanding to embed data protection requirements into business as usual activities.
- Maintaining organisational policies and procedures, guidance notes, templates and training relating to information governance, and to promote awareness and good practice at all levels of the organisation to enable compliance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
- Working with the Information Governance Officer to investigate or breaches of statutory duties or of Action for Children's policies relating to information governance and compile reports of incidents relating to information governance as directed by the Information Governance Officer.
- Supporting records management enabling compliance with the Charity's policy and retention schedule and to log, manage and draft responses to requests from data subjects exercising their rights using standardised templates.
- Performing functional tasks, including setting up meetings for governance groups and compiling agendas and taking minutes. To also provide support in relation to the update and maintenance of key records, and other documentation as and when required.
What are we looking for from you?
- Professional qualification in Data Protection or a related area of law. (desirable)
- Working knowledge of SARs and other individual rights requests.
- Experience with providing advice on compliance with the relevant legislation and internal policies and procedures applicable to information governance.
- Experience of dealing with individuals exercising their statutory rights under data privacy legislation.
- Experience of managing and prioritising a varied workload using different platforms and tools.
- Working in a cross-functional way with colleagues and stakeholders of various disciplines.
If you need support in applying or have any questions call David Simpson, Recruitment Partner, on 01923 361732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may stop taking applications early than advertised if we find the right person. So, try to get your application in early.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Learn more about our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work on our Action for Children website.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, celebrating diversity and working inclusively. We value and welcome applications from anyone with the skills and experience for the role. People with disabilities, and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities are currently under-represented in our teams. We're working to change this and we particularly welcome applicants from these groups.
England South - Merryfields - £22,700.00
England South - Merryfields - £19,700.00
EDD02 - Blues Programme Worcestershire - £21,100.00
Scotland - Glasgow South Family Support Service - £19,000.00
England South - Homebased - £27,000.00
Technology - Homebased - £27,000.00
Fundraising - Individual Giving - £35,000.00
Scotland - Employability Strategic - ESIF - £25,000.00
England South - The Vines - £11.77