Permanent- Full-Time, 35 hours per week
c£43,000 per annum
Brilliant benefits We offer 29 days holiday plus public/bank holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, pension scheme where we contribute up to 7%, an employee discount portal and much more.
You will provide a professional technical accountancy approach through this post to enable the development and application of a robust controls' environment across Action for Children (in particular Finance, Procurement and Property).
You will be required to be available to attend the head office in Watford for a block of 2-3 days per month for meetings, combined teamwork and projects with dates to be determined in advance, also to be available for other team meetings at the head office as and when reasonably required.
You will make a difference by:
- Leading by example by providing professional and technical direction across the full range of financial and other services to ensure that standards are maintained and replicated.
- Utilising technical accounting expertise to recommend and implement changes across the whole of finance, procurement and property teams that lead to improved provision of services, utilising and improving on Action for Children's relevant policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the full review of current processes across the wider finance teams and to assist with completing gap analysis and work to improve, lean out and embed new processes where gaps are identified.
- Working closely with the relevant stakeholders to identify and understand different working practices. Collate information and make recommendations based on best practise.
- Assisting in the implementation of the new processes, enabling smarter reporting in order to allow regions and divisions to make more informed decisions in order to grow Action for Children's bottom line.
- Assisting the Senior Lead on Financial Controls to identify key areas of risk and then working closely with the Senior Business Partner and regional teams. Lead on the required actions needed to improve the service offering.
What are we looking for from you?
- A qualified accountant with some experience of working with the ‘public sector' or in an organisation that provides delivery contracts to its customers.
- Thorough understanding and application of effective and efficient accounting policies and with some experience of implementing policy improvement.
- Demonstrable application of numerical and literacy skills, with an attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills sufficient to build relationships and to communicate complex technical financial matters (including rationale) issues to a range of stakeholders.
- Collaborative, solutions orientated approach commercially astute and forward thinking.
- Sound ability to successfully deliver and to also manage change.
- A ‘can do' attitude and be willing to embrace change with transferable skillsets to help in other areas of finance.
If you need support in applying or have any questions call David Simpson, Recruitment Partner, on 01923 361732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may stop taking applications early than advertised if we find the right person. So, try to get your application in early.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Learn more about our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work on our Action for Children website.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, celebrating diversity and working inclusively. We value and welcome applications from anyone with the skills and experience for the role. People with disabilities, and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities are currently under-represented in our teams. We're working to change this, and we particularly welcome applicants from these groups.
England North - Shropshire Community Short Breaks - £17,200.00
England North - Better Start Bradford - Baby Steps - £32,000.00
Wales - Vale Contact Centre - £18,400.00
England South - Homebased - £29,700.00
England South - North Devon Children's Centre - £17,190.00
Fundraising - Special Events - £31,700.00
Scotland - Woodburn Terrace Long-Term Residential S - £22,700.00