Circa £20,600 per annum
37 hrs, Full-Time. Working on a shift basis, usually between the hours of 7am and 9pm
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Pastens provides residential care for young people with profound and multiple disabilities, including communication difficulties, sensory impairment, complex health needs and challenging behaviour. Two of our houses accommodate five young people and one house accommodates four. The houses are self-contained, with a kitchen providing nutritious meals, a dining room, lounge, bathroom and individual bedrooms. The young people also have access to Pastens' sensory room, a soft play room and beautiful gardens.
We are looking for Assistant Residential Worker who can support our young people to make choices and by developing life skills such as, personal care, cooking and communication.
You will make a difference by:
- Helping young people in all aspects of their daily lives and supporting their health and happiness. This includes personal care, administering medication and assisting / serving at meal times.
- Taking a lead on care planning.
- Arranging and attending medical appointments.
- Writing reports and attending multi-professional meetings.
- Providing a safe environment where they can enjoy time with their friends and lead on delivering activities.
- Working towards giving young people a positive future.
You will need:
- The willingness to work towards Diploma 4 in Children's Residential Services.
- Commitment to working a range of shift patterns.
- Experience of working with people with disabilities.
- Excellent communication skills with an energetic personality.
- A positive approach, providing a fun environment for all the children in our care.
- a supportive and patient nature.
- The ability to use MS Office and excellent I.T skills.
- Full driving licence and own vehicle. The job requires the ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For any further questions, please contact Lynsey.Munro@actionforchildren.org.uk in our recruitment team.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Finance & Property - Financial Operations - £43,600.00
Digital Comms - Corporate & Digital Comms - Holborn - £39,000.00
Scotland - East Dunbartonshire Canal Housing Serv - £10.31
England South - Spring - Riverbank - £25,400.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £18,800.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £16,824.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £18,500.00
England South - Our Place - £9.64
Wales - Afon y Felin Flying Start Playgroup - £17,500.00