Holborn, LondonCirca Salary £28,200Permanent, Full Time working 35 hour per week
Spreading the word and making sure people know about our life-changing work.
Please note, we encourage early applications and will be scheduling interviews with successful applicants as we go. We reserve the right to close applications early once a suitable candidate is appointed'
Action for Children are looking for an experienced Social Media officer to oversee output on our channels and develop a forward-thinking social media strategy for the organisation.
You will manage our community across all social media channels to engage and inspire new, existing and potential supporters. Co-ordinate the content calendar, creating and curating inspiring and shareable content that resonates with our target audiences and helps Action for Children grow its influence and income.
This role will enable our social media followers and their friends to raise their awareness and understanding of the work that Action for Children does. It will also play an important role in raising awareness of the key issues relating to vulnerable children, young people and their families in the UK.
If you're a passionate, quick-thinking, confident communicator with experience in social media we would love to hear from you!
You will make a difference by:
- Consulting with teams to develop content and campaigns with clear aims, good user journeys and KPIs.
- Advising and assisting teams, continually applying learnings from analysis to ensure that all social content is designed to be shareable, to help increase reach, engagement, income.
- Managing the content calendar for Action for Children's corporate social media channels, updating guidelines, creating engaging and shareable content for social media that meets our business goals and inspires our supporters.
- Acting as brand and content guardian. Ensure engagement by testing content with target audiences. Create and commission imagery, GIFs, short videos.
- Being responsible for social media community management, ensuring timely, engaging and brand-appropriate responses to queries and comments.
- Championing social media for all Action for Children staff and act as the channel coordinator for our corporate channels and create engaging and shareable content.
- Being responsible for buzz monitoring, social listening, flagging trends and reputational issues, so that Action for Children can be quick to respond appropriately, increasing its influence and engagement with our work.
- Measuring the success of the channels by setting up and implementing tracking on posts and campaigns, monitoring progress throughout the activity and measuring success.You will need:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent alternative experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube and other social media channels.
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategies.
- Experience setting KPIs, measuring and reporting back on results.
- Experience of storytelling, engaging social content (written and visual) and campaign planning.
- Experience of A/B testing and analytics (website and social)
- Able to confidently deliver training.
- Multimedia content production skills, such as video, audio and/or graphic design desirable.
- Previous experience of Social media advertising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proofreading and attention to detail
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.For more information, please contact Sam Richardson at Samantha.Richardson3@actionforchildren.org.ukWe are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Wales - Skills4Living - Pan Wales - £22,250.00
Scotland - Dundee Families Service - £24,000.00
EDD02 - Kernow Connect - £17,600.00
Wales - Tan y Dre Residential Service - £9.54
England North - Westacre - £25,700.00
EDD02 - Staffordshire Emotional Wellbeing Service - £18,800.00
EDD01 - Haydock Short Breaks - £24,500.00
Scotland - Glasgow Intensive Family Support Service - £48,000.00
Corporate Shared Service - Watford Office - £31,000.00