Huntingdon, CambridgeshireCirca - £20,269 - £10.41 per hour Pro RataHours – 2 hrs per week, Permanent Part Time, Term Time, Tues 1600 - 1800
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Ben Club is a vital part of the RAF Benevolent Funds multi-million pound Airplay Youth support programme that offers activities and support to the children of RAF personnel. This is done by providing weekly after school play work sessions to young people aged 5 – 8.
The successful applicant will be part of the team that delivers a range of positive activities to the young people who attend, encouraging play and facilitating the play environment delivering a flexible, high quality play service that meets the needs of the children, aged 5-8, and their families.
You will make a difference by:- Assisting in the delivery of appropriate range of youth work activities which are stimulating, engaging, challenging and creative.
- Working closely with parents to create and develop open and inclusive working partnerships which support the development of their children.
- Contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of high-quality youth work sessions.
- Promoting good practice in a professional and inclusive manner.
- Being fully involved in all activities associated with the Ben Clubs provision.
You will need:- A Level 2 Youth Work or Play Work Qualification would be desirable but not essential
- At least one-years experience of delivering face to face activities with young people both individually and in groups.
- The ability to engage with children, young people, their families and carers maintaining and appropriately ending relationships.
- An understanding of the issues relating to children and families from military communities.
- An understanding of child development.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Neil Birkett on 07741660390 or email email@example.com
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
England South - The Vines - £20,600.00
England North - Monksfield - £18,768.00
England North - Monksfield - £20,850.00
Scotland - Gael Og Fostering - £22,000.00
Scotland - Fostering - CAPS - £22,000.00
Scotland - Employability Strategic - ESIF - £21,100.00
England South - RAF Boscombe Down Airplay - £20,700.00
England North - Build Sound Minds Derby and Derbyshire - £30,000.00