Sleaford, Lincolnshire Circa £19,900, Pro Rata which equates to £10.31 p/hFixed Term (until 31/12/21) Part Time (working 2 hours a week) Term Time - Sessions are 2 hours long (3.45pm – 5.45pm) and run after school on Tuesday
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
The roleAirplay and Ben Clubs is the RAF Benevolent Funds £24 million youth support programme for RAF families, providing a huge range of facilities, equipment and activities for children and young people. Ben Club at RAF Leeming provides children with the opportunity to participate in a range of arts and crafts, sports-based activities, games, play and fun activities! Sessions are delivered on after school on Monday's Wednesdays and Thursday's, so the day of the shift is negotiable to an extent.
The successful applicant will work as part of team to deliver Play Work sessions as part of the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund's Ben Club. Delivering a flexible, high quality play service that meets the needs of the children, aged 5-8, and their families.
You will make a difference by:- Assisting in the delivery of appropriate range of youth work activities which are stimulating, engaging, challenging and creative.
- Maintaining effective working relationships and channels of communications with colleagues, children, young people and families.
- Contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of high-quality youth work sessions.
- Promoting good practice in a professional and inclusive manner.
- Being fully involved in all activities associated with the Youth Clubs provision.
- Following safeguarding guidelines and report concerns using the correct procedure.
You will need:- A Level 2 Early Years or Play Work qualification would be desirable but not essential.
- At least one-year experience of delivering face to face activities with young people both individually and in groups.
- The ability to engage with children, young people, their families and carers maintaining and appropriately ending relationships.
- An understanding of the issues relating to children and families from military communities.
- An understanding of youth work and child development.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For any questions relating to this role, please contact Lynsey.Munro@actionforchildren.org.uk in our recruitment team.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Northern Ireland - Early Intervention Family Support Serv - £21,100.00
EDD01 - Changing Lives (Derby / Derbyshire) - £32,000.00
Scotland - Intensive Supervised Structured Care - £18,400.00
Scotland - Intensive Supervised Structured Care - £22,700.00
Scotland - East Dunbartonshire Canal Housing Serv - £19,100.00
England South - RAF Digby Airplay - £23,100.00
England North - Fostering North (Y&H) - £43,000.00