Circa £32,700 per annum including on call allowance
Permanent, Full-Time (working 37 hours a week) – generally 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday but with some flexibility required to meet the needs of the service
We offer 29 days holiday plus public/bank holidays (pro rata), flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, pension scheme where we contribute up to 7%, an employee discount portal and much more.
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Action for Children deliver a targeted early intervention service for children and young people aged 5-18 (up to 24 for care leavers and CYP with SEND) and their families across Staffordshire in partnership with our Health and Digital partners.
Staffordshire Emotional Wellbeing service will work with children and young people who need specialist support but who do not meet the thresholds for more specialist services. These children and young people are likely to present with mild to moderate emotional health and wellbeing problems (i.e. Anxiety, Conduct disorders) and require support to help them deal with issues such as bereavement, parental separation, self-esteem, bullying, transitions, sexuality, and behaviour at home/school. The collaborative model is designed to increase resilience and reduce the development of more entrenched mental health issues.
We are looking for a full time Service Coordinator who is passionate about working with Children and young people and who has excellent management and leadership skills. The role will manage a team of practitioners to deliver a range of emotional health and wellbeing interventions to children and young people who are referred to the service.
You will make a difference by:
- Leading the team with passion and energy to plan, organise and deliver a programme of interventions to children and families and providing them with information and skills to help support their needs.
- Working collaboratively with our clinical team as well as partner agencies such as specialist CAMH's to develop and embed Staffordshire's single point of access for children and young people referrals for emotional health and well-being needs.
- Having a keen eye for detail, you will ensure the service is delivered safely by providing line management to our teams, ensuring appropriate record keeping and case management is of the highest standard.
You will need:
- A relevant NVQ level 3 or previous experience working with children and families.
- Experience of managing and leading a team, preferably within a CAMH's or emotional health and wellbeing service.
- Excellent communication skills to promote the service and work collaboratively with other partners.
- The ability to use case management systems.
- Exposure of working within the 5-18 age range.
- To be able to analyse and use performance data to plan and coordinate service delivery.
- Access to a vehicle and a current driving license is essential. The job requires the ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Emma Goodwin on [01923 361725 or email Emma.Goodwin@actionforchildren.org.uk
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held on Friday, 17th December 2021 and will be via Microsoft Teams.We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
England North - Shropshire Community Short Breaks - £17,200.00
England North - Better Start Bradford - Baby Steps - £32,000.00
Wales - Vale Contact Centre - £18,400.00
England South - Homebased - £29,700.00
England South - North Devon Children's Centre - £17,190.00
Fundraising - Special Events - £31,700.00
Scotland - Woodburn Terrace Long-Term Residential S - £22,700.00