Wirral, MerseysideCirca £23,400 pro rata 15hrs per week, Fixed Term until 31/08/2021, Part-Time (2 days)
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Our Wirral HSIS (Health Service in Schools) Counselling Service, is looking for a Counsellor to provide a high-quality, school based professional counselling service as part of our already established service. Through effective intervention, management of cases and assessment of needs you will ensure safe care and agreed positive outcomes with children aged 11-18yrs.
You will work as part of a team of 3 to deliver the provision of an early help service. You will promote and improve the mental health, emotional resilience and wellbeing of children and young people in secondary school who are negatively affected or are at risk of being affected by poor mental health. You will be able to effectively engage with children and young people to deliver counselling support – predominantly within a school setting but there may also be a requirement in a local community or home setting. The 2 days are flexible in terms of required days and this will be discussed at interview stage. This position is subject to tender funding for another 12 month period from the above date.
You will make a difference by:
-Delivering a high-quality professional counselling service through effective intervention and management of cases and assessment of need to ensure safe care and agreed positive outcomes.
- Delivering complex and specialist interventions with children and young people on a 1:1 basis or group in a school setting.
- Implement lead case/care planning management, including undertaking assessing, reviewing and managing risks.
- Attending and participating at relevant multi agency meetings, providing a lead role ensuring reflective and analytical practice review.
You will need:
- A recognised counselling qualification (e.g. diploma counselling) with relevant experience and be registered / accredited (or working towards) with BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a multi-agency social care, schools, or health environment, dealing with children between 11-18yrs and applying safeguarding procedures.
- Experience of managing cases, in accordance with agreed procedures and completing assessments, planning and reviews to ensure positive outcomes.
- Driving License and access to a car is desirable.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Lynsey.Munro@actionforchildren.org.uk in the recruitment team for any questions about this role.
Interviews are scheduled for 26th May 2021.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Finance & Property - Financial Operations - £43,600.00
Digital Comms - Corporate & Digital Comms - Holborn - £39,000.00
Scotland - East Dunbartonshire Canal Housing Serv - £10.31
England South - Spring - Riverbank - £25,400.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £18,800.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £16,824.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £18,500.00
England South - Our Place - £9.64
Wales - Afon y Felin Flying Start Playgroup - £17,500.00