Edinburgh, Lothian Circa £22,200 37 Hours, Full-Time
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Couthie House is located within a residential area of Gilmerton. It has been registered since 2015 to provide long term care to a maximum of two young people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour who are unable to live with their own families.
We are looking for 2 waking night Residential Workers who will provide a safe environment for young people overnight ensuring they are given the best possible care. This role will be working 37 hours a week on a waking night basis which will be 3 x 12 hour shifts 9am – 9pm and will involve a balance of administrative duties and practical care with the young people.
You will make a difference by:
- Providing a safe environment for young people overnight (9pm - 9am).
- Ensuring the best possible care if the young person wakes up through the night.
- Keeping records in line with national guidelines.
- Providing an excellent standard of care and support to the residents.
You will need:
- Must possess level 3 SVQ social care, HNC social care or equivalent to be achieved within 2 years of taking up the post.
- Working in a care setting and developing positive relationships through trust.
- Writing clear and concise notes and providing updates to colleagues and senior colleagues.
- Willingness to continue to develop through on the job training or attendance at external or online courses.
- Demonstrating a solution focused approach to address problems and doing this individually and in a team setting.
- BSL experience is desirable or a willingness to work towards a BSL accreditation.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For further questions about this role, please contact our Recruitment Business Partner on Lynsey.Munro@actionforchildren.org.uk
Interviews are scheduled for 10th December 2020.We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
England South - The Pines - £22,500.00
Scotland - Couthie House - £22,200.00
England North - Sycamore House - £18,600.00
Northern Ireland - Young Adult Carers Support - Omagh - £17,550.00
England North - Westacre - £25,700.00
England South - Short Breaks @ West Hyde - £10.88
England North - East Farm Cottage - £37,000.00
Wales - Fostering Wales - £22,700.00
England North - Chestnut Lodge - £20,000.00