Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Circa - £22,300 Pro Rata, £11.56 per hour
Hours – 4.5 Hrs Permanent Part Time Term Time, Wednesdays
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Airplay and Ben Clubs is the RAF Benevolent Funds £24 million youth support programme for RAF families, providing a huge range of facilities, equipment and activities for children and young people. Ben Club at RAF Honington provides children with the opportunity to participate in a range of arts and crafts, sports based activities, games, play and fun activities! Sessions are delivered on Wednesday afternoons/evenings during the school term time.
The successful applicant will lead a Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund Ben Club delivering a flexible, high quality play service that meets the needs of the children and their families.
You will make a difference by:- Planning and delivering an appropriate range of play activities which are stimulating, engaging and creative.
- Working closely with parents to create and develop open and inclusive working partnerships which support the development of their children.
- Carrying out session administration, financial administration and record-keeping relating to each session.
- Providing regular reports to monitor progress and evidence good practice against key performance indicators in accordance with the Airplay Youth Support Youth Offer.
- Providing induction training and ongoing training for support of new staff and volunteers at the club.
You will need:- An NVQ Level 3 in Play Work - Desirable
- At least 2 years' experience of working with young people and managing youth projects.
- An understanding of the issues relating to children and families from military communities.
- An understanding the of physical, intellectual, linguistic, social and emotional growth as part of child's and young persons development.
- Experience of being a visible, effective and approachable manager and leader.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Neil Birkett on 07741660390 on email@example.com
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
England South - The Pines - £22,500.00
Scotland - Couthie House - £22,200.00
England North - Sycamore House - £18,600.00
Northern Ireland - Young Adult Carers Support - Omagh - £17,550.00
England North - Westacre - £25,700.00
England South - Short Breaks @ West Hyde - £10.88
England North - East Farm Cottage - £37,000.00
Wales - Fostering Wales - £22,700.00
England North - Chestnut Lodge - £20,000.00