Glasgow, Glasgow CityCirca £26,000Hours – 37 hrs, Full-Time
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
The service provides support to young people aged 16-24, who have a range of barriers or needs to make positive choices for their future. By using a range of programmes and tools you will work with the team to support and prepare them with their first steps into the world of employment or further education. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and leading a team to drive the delivery of programme(s) across geographical and service areas to achieve specifically defined, reach, outputs and outcomes.
You will make a difference by:- Participating in the design and planning, and lead on the implementation of programme/s, ensuring that they are compatible with the objectives of the funding agreement.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality programmes to designated service, based on the agreed model and required outcomes.
- Providing direct and overall line management of staff, applying appropriate policies and procedures, also sharing knowledge and experience through coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Nurturing, developing and promoting effective relationships and channels of communication with colleagues, community organisational partner agencies and other external agencies.
- Representing the service at formal meetings, to ensure the meets of the programme and professional standing of Action for Children is maintained.
You will need:- A management qualification or substantial experience of line managing staff and/or a specific project/programme.
- Experience designing creative programmes that engage disadvantaged families.
- Experience working in a project management approach – planning and monitoring work programme in line with key milestones and targets.
- The ability to engage colleagues, agencies, community groups and families to deliver positive outcomes.
- Experience and the ability to understanding the barriers to families' engagement.
- Strong IT skills.
- To have the use of a car for business purposes.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Neil Birkett on 07741660390 or email email@example.com
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Scotland - STAY College Retention/Achievement Prog - £21,100.00
Scotland - Employability Strategic - ESIF - £21,100.00
England South - Dorset Parent Training & Education - £22,200.00
England South - RAF Leeming Ben Club - £20,083.92
England North - Merseyside Junior Mentoring - £21,500.00
England South - West Devon CC - Tavistock - £22,400.00
England North - Sandwell IASS - £20,300.00
England North - Build Sound Minds Derby and Derbyshire - £44,000.00