Permanent – Full-Time – 35 hours per week
c£23,500 per annum
Brilliant benefitsWe offer 29 days holiday plus public/bank holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, pension scheme where we contribute up to 7%, an employee discount portal and much more
You will deliver a confidential, accurate, professional and effective payroll service within agreed timelines. Ensuring compliance with internal policies, procedures, statutory regulations and third-party requirements.
You will make a difference by:
- Checking and updating an integrated eHR/payroll database, to effect changes to salary, other payroll related data, including statutory and collective changes and to review staff expense claim forms and ensure appropriate receipts are provided consistent with Action for Children's expenses policy and HMRC regulations – taking remedial action if required. Through these tasks, to ensure existing and new staff are paid in accordance with the terms of employment and on time.
- Processing statutory notifications and payments (e.g., SMP, SSP), voluntary deductions, third party payments and occupational entitlements, ensuring accuracy of calculations. In addition, to administer accurate and timely changes to pension contributions consistent with Action for Children policies and auto-enrolment legislation.
- Working to agreed service standards and maintaining clear audit trails of remedial actions taken and changes made. This can include responses to solicitors, financial institutions, social security enquirers and any escalated enquiries from other internal teams.
- Applying internal control procedures, checking system generated reports to ensure the integrity of submitted changes to the payroll and ensuring that significant variations are followed through and corrective action taken to avoid under/overpayments. To calculate and resolve complex overpayment incidents.
- Checking and actioning requests for non-standard payments to leavers, ensuring the recovery of any outstanding sums and generate and issue P45's. Support year end routines, e.g., generation and issue of P60's, P11D's.
- Uploading new starters and leavers to the My Benefits site and to contribute to promotion and uitilisation of Action for Children's benefits package. To input third party payments (e.g., Childcare Vouchers) data every month, ensuring appropriate authorisation is obtained, calculated correctly to abide by the relevant third-party payment guidelines and submit all data to the Finance department to meet submission dates.
What are we looking for from you?
- CIPP national payroll certificate or equivalent work-related experience.
- Previous work experience, in particular gained within a financial environment.
- Working methodically and in a structured way to deliver an efficient transactional payroll service.
- Excellent customer service skills with proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal), in particular when resolving complaints and other matters.
- Excellent analytical numeracy skills with the ability to interpret and summarise complex data.
- Excellent team player with ability to work effectively to pre-determined timelines.
- Knowledge of legislation affecting the delivery of a monthly payroll.
If you need support in applying or have any questions call David Simpson, Recruitment Partner, on 01923 361732 or email email@example.com
We may stop taking applications early than advertised if we find the right person. So, try to get your application in early.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Learn more about our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work on our Action for Children website.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, celebrating diversity and working inclusively. We value and welcome applications from anyone with the skills and experience for the role. People with disabilities, and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities are currently under-represented in our teams. We're working to change this and we particularly welcome applicants from these groups.
England South - Merryfields - £22,700.00
England South - Merryfields - £19,700.00
EDD02 - Blues Programme Worcestershire - £21,100.00
Scotland - Glasgow South Family Support Service - £19,000.00
England South - Homebased - £27,000.00
Technology - Homebased - £27,000.00
Fundraising - Individual Giving - £35,000.00
Scotland - Employability Strategic - ESIF - £25,000.00
England South - The Vines - £11.77