Salary : c£38,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time/Term Time – 35 hours per week
The Information Governance Officer is a key role within Action for Children responsible for key data protection activities across the business, you will be joining a newly created team with the scope and funding to really make change happen! Working with project teams and the wider business including to ensure that business projects are delivered securely, protecting customer / employee data and ensuring compliance with the Information Security strategy, policies and standards. You will be key to ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and best practice relating to all governance activities as well as the management of information.
You will make a difference by:
- Having a strong assurance background coupled with an in-depth knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation to assist in maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Action for Children's information, products, and systems.
- Being the delegation of authority for the data protection officer when required.
- By developing policies and procedures, that are easy to access and use by our staff
- By keeping staff involved in information governance, through good communication of policies and regular training
- By offering advice to our staff when they need this in relation to policies and legislation
- By cutting through the jargon, to help in winning new business through having clear policies in place around data storage and our policies
- By looking into things if they go wrong, reporting data breaches and changing what needs to be changed around our processes
- By offering great customer service to colleagues, stakeholders and other required parties
- By making sure we have a strong business continuity framework, with plans in place that are tried and tested and re-worked if needed
What you'll need:
- Excellent knowledge of legal frameworks applicable to information governance and business continuity (such as Data Protection, Freedom of Information, and Civil Contingencies Act 2004)
- To be able to provide advice on compliance and business continuity.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, as well as presentation skills to a range of audiences on data and information governance
- Great at records management.
- Ability to manage a large workload and prioritise as needed.
- Good at writing polices.
- Hold a Degree or equivalent qualification.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact David Simpson on 01923 361732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce
England South - RAF High Wycombe Ben Club - £19,900.00
Scotland - Glasgow Intensive Family Support Service - £19,000.00
England North - Northants Disability - £17,600.00
Scotland - Glasgow Intensive Family Support Service - £24,500.00
England South - Spring - Layfield - £8.71
Scotland - Glasgow South Family Support Service - £26,000.00
Scotland - Glasgow North West Family Support Service - £19,000.00
Scotland - Glasgow South Family Support Service - £19,000.00
England South - The Vines - £22,700.00