Londonderry, County Londonderry
Circa £18,000 per annum
Full-Time (working 37 hours a week) on a fixed term contract until 31st March 2021 - usually Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
We offer 29 days holiday plus public/bank holidays (pro rata), flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, pension scheme where we contribute up to 7%, an employee discount portal and much more.
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Waterside Surestart is funded by the Department of Education to provide a range of services to both children pre-birth to 4 years and their families.
You will make a difference by:
- Providing antenatal support to parents to be
- Facilitating group programmes.
- Conducting home visits to provide advice and support on language development.
- Providing support in play programmes.
- Working in partnership with other organisations to ensure ensure that parents can use services which will help them.
You will need:
- Diploma Level 3 in Early Years or a similar subject.
- Experience of working with children and families.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to engage and work with children, young people and their families.
- An awareness and an ability to identify and act upon safeguarding concerns with clients and to follow agreed reporting procedures.
- Experience of group work programmes.
- Experience of assessing and identifying individual and family needs.
- Access to a car. The job requires the ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Emma at Emma.Goodwin@actionforchildren.org.uk
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held the week commencing 18th October 2021.We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Technology - Watford Office - £38,500.00
Scotland - Renfrewshire Short Breaks Service - £22,700.00
Scotland - Functional Family Therapy - £33,500.00
Scotland - Glasgow North East Family Support Service - £22,850.00
Scotland - Inverclyde School Age Counselling Service - £25,500.00
Wales - Arosfa Disability Short Breaks - £18,400.00
England South - Beaumonds Residential Short Breaks - £24,900.00
Scotland - Glasgow South Family Support Service - £22,850.00
Scotland - Glasgow North West Family Support Service - £22,850.00