Circa £18,100 per annum
Hours – 37 hrs Permanent, Full-Time
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Space 4 U is a specialist service working with children and young people aged 5-18 years, who are impacted by someone else's substance misuse. We offer 1:1 interventions to the children and young people we support based on an assessment of need.
The successful applicant will provide support to children, young people and families by agreeing and directly delivering interventions, with appropriate direction, which enable positive and agreed outcomes to be achieved, in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. This is a Monday to Friday role but occasional late night and weekend work may be required depending on the needs of the service.
You will you make a difference by:
- Providing a high quality service to children, young people and their families, based on an assessment of need and is outcomes driven.
- Delivering complex and specialist interventions with children, young people or families on a 1:1 basis, group or community setting.
- Providing lead case/care planning management, including undertaking assessing, reviewing and managing risks
- Attending and participate at relevant multi agency meetings, providing a lead role ensuring reflective and analytical practice review
- Taking responsibility for day to day resource planning to ensure high quality services are delivered.
You will need:
- Working within a multi-agency social care, early years or health environment and applying safeguarding procedures
- Experience of managing cases, in accordance with agreed procedures and completing assessments, planning and reviews to ensure positive outcomes.
- Ability to keep the child and or young people as the focus and ensure their feelings and wishes are represented in meetings and record keeping
- Ability to communicate effectively and engagingly and to maintain independent professional relationships, boundaries
- Working knowledge of an outcome based approach to planning, delivering and reviewing services
- Driving Licence holder and car owner (or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means).
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact our recruitment business partner on Lynsey.Munro@actionforchildren.org.uk
Interviews will be held on w/c14th Dec on MS TeamsWe are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
England South - The Pines - £22,500.00
Scotland - Couthie House - £22,200.00
England North - Sycamore House - £18,600.00
Northern Ireland - Young Adult Carers Support - Omagh - £17,550.00
England North - Westacre - £25,700.00
England South - Short Breaks @ West Hyde - £10.88
England North - East Farm Cottage - £37,000.00
Wales - Fostering Wales - £22,700.00
England North - Chestnut Lodge - £20,000.00