Chesterfield, Derbyshire Circa £22,000 pro rata17.5 Hours – Part-Time
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Space 4 U is a specialist service working with children and young people aged 5-18 years, who are impacted by someone else's substance misuse. We offer 1:1 interventions to the children and young people we support based on an assessment of need.
The successful applicant will provide support to children, young people and families by agreeing and directly delivering interventions, with appropriate direction, which enable positive and agreed outcomes to be achieved, in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. This is a part time role between Monday to Friday role but occasional late night and weekend work may be required depending on the needs of the service. Hours of the part time contract and flexibility can be discussed at interview stage.
You will make a difference by:
- Working in the team to deliver the programme to groups of children and families.
- Working collaboratively with parents/carers and children.
- Providing children and families with information and skills to help them support their needs through a variety of challenges.
- Empowering families to make positive changes.
You will need:
- Relevant NVQ level 3 or previous experience working with children and families.
- Exposure of working within the 5-18 age range.
- Confidence to conduct 1-2-1 sessions and group work.
- Commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to be part of a team and multi-agency working.
- Flexibility as some occasional evening and weekend work.
- Car user preferable as the role may involve travelling.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For further questions on this role, please contact our recruitment business partner on Lynsey.Munro@actionforchildren.org.uk
Interviews are scheduled for w/c 14th Dec on MS Teams. We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
England South - The Pines - £22,500.00
Scotland - Couthie House - £22,200.00
England North - Sycamore House - £18,600.00
Northern Ireland - Young Adult Carers Support - Omagh - £17,550.00
England North - Westacre - £25,700.00
England South - Short Breaks @ West Hyde - £10.88
England North - East Farm Cottage - £37,000.00
Wales - Fostering Wales - £22,700.00
England North - Chestnut Lodge - £20,000.00