Circa £20,700 per annum, pro rata which equates to £16,784 actual
Part-Time (working 30 hours a week) on a fixed term contract until 31st March 2021
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
The Family Support Hub based at Clooney Family Centre provides early intervention family support services to vulnerable families and children aged 0 to 18 years and is a multi-agency network of organisations who can support those in need.
You'll be working as part of a team and on your own initiative to support children, young people and their families. The aim of this work will be to promote and safeguard the welfare any children and young people involved, relevant to their specific needs and those of their family.
This role is for 30 hours a week although the actual hours of work are negotiable and could be 4 full days or spread over 5 days and is on a fixed term contract until 31st March 2021 which possible extension subject to further funding.
You will make a difference by:
- Accepting and signposting referrals.
- Supporting families to access the help they need when they need it.
- Visiting the families in their own home on occasion as required.
- Attending regular monthly agency collaborations with the other partner agencies.
- Supporting the Team Leader in promoting the service and its activities to a wide range of statutory, voluntary and community-based agencies and organisations.
You will need:
- NVQ Level 3 or the equivalent in a related area such as Child Development or Social Care.
- Experience of multi-agency working.
- Experience of working directly with children and families.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a wider team.
- Access to a car with business insurance. The job requires the ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act.
Registration with NISCC.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Emma Goodwin on 07741 742013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held on Thursday 8th October 2020.We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Scotland - Side Step - £23,000.00
Policy & Campaigns - Policy & Research - £54,000.00
England North - Birmingham Community Children's Centre - £17,200.00
Scotland - East Dunbartonshire Canal Housing Serv - £18,500.00
Scotland - STAY College Retention/Achievement Prog - £21,100.00
Scotland - Employability Strategic - ESIF - £21,100.00
England South - Dorset Parent Training & Education - £22,200.00
England South - RAF Leeming Ben Club - £20,083.92