West Cornwall, CornwallCirca £20,300 Pro rata30Hrs – Permanent – Part-Time –(Mon – Fri - Flexible on how the 30hrs set)
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
The roleKernow Young & Young Adult Carers is a service committed to working with children, young people and young adults (25 yrs. and under) to make the caring role a more positive experience by offering support, information and guidance, activities and trips, short breaks, school groups, social groups, training and educational sessions.
As a Family Support Practitioner your aim is to carry out initial visits to family homes, undertake assessment of the caring role and develop and deliver appropriate support.
Please Note: We are currently operating some of our service online and over the telephone due to current COVID-19 restrictions.
You will make a difference by:
- Ensuring familiarity and compliance with relevant Action for Children policies and procedures.
- Working as part of a team to plan and deliver activities and short breaks to young and young adult carers.
- Visiting young carers in their homes and undertaking an assessment of their caring role.
- Developing support for young carers and young adult carers that meets the needs of the young person.
- Planning and running school groups in Mid and West Cornwall.
- Keeping case files and data up to date as per Action for Children policies and meeting the targets set by commissioners.
- Delivering 1-1 support and mentoring young and young adult carers as needed.
- Supporting and delivering groups within the community.
- Sourcing funding for young carers to help ensure they have access to education, activities and support.
- Working flexibly to meet the needs of our service users.
- Working in line with changing guidelines around COVID-19 including online activities and group work.
You will need:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the challenge's young carers and young adult carers face.
- Excellent group work and communication skills with young people and team members.
- Have experience of working in partnership with agencies to support children and young people.
- Experience of working with volunteers is desirable.
- Experience of planning activities for young people.
- Good IT skills including experience of Microsoft Teams.
- Access to a car and full driving licence is essential.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Machaela Huggins on 07776 659 803 or email email@example.comWe are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Scotland - STAY College Retention/Achievement Prog - £21,100.00
Scotland - Employability Strategic - ESIF - £21,100.00
England South - Dorset Parent Training & Education - £22,200.00
England South - RAF Leeming Ben Club - £20,083.92
England North - Merseyside Junior Mentoring - £21,500.00
England South - West Devon CC - Tavistock - £22,400.00
England North - Sandwell IASS - £20,300.00
England North - Build Sound Minds Derby and Derbyshire - £44,000.00