Glasgow, Lanarkshire Circa £21,550Hours – 37 Hrs Full-Time
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Action for Children's Employability service provides support to young people aged 16-24, who have a range of barriers or needs to make positive choices for their future. By using a range of programmes and tools you will work with the team to support and prepare them with their first steps into the world of employment or further education.
The successful applicant will directly support and deliver a range of both practical and vocational employability programmes aimed at young people aged 16-24 to access, maintain and sustain employment through the provision of a comprehensive in-house training programme and work placement, supported through a key worker approach for up to 6 months from securing employment. This role will cover East Ayrshire and Glasgow areas.
You will make a difference by:- Providing a responsive, high quality and customer focused service to young people seeking to enter the labour market and our partners based on an assessment of need that is regularly and professionally reviewed and the development of aspirational action plans which are outcomes driven.
- Applying Action for Children's and professional practice standards and ensuring their implementation as necessary and being proactive in their implementation.
- Managing and co-ordinate a caseload of young people, providing a range of targeted interventions to assist their entry to the labour market through group, coordinated or individual support.
- Delivering of a range of group work modules that contribute to our overall employability programmes, promoting inclusion and allowing for individual learning styles.
You will need:- An SVQ 3 in Social Care, Guidance or equivalent.
- Knowledge or experience of the care system would be desirable.
- Experience of working in group settings with young people facing multiple barriers.
- Knowledge and understanding of young people facing unemployment.
- A full driving licence and access to suitable means of transport to enable the duties of the role to be carried out.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For any further questions about this role, please contact Lynsey.Munro@actionforchildren.org.uk in our recruitment team.
Interviews will be scheduled for w/c 3rd May 2021.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Finance & Property - Financial Operations - £43,600.00
Digital Comms - Corporate & Digital Comms - Holborn - £39,000.00
Scotland - East Dunbartonshire Canal Housing Serv - £10.31
England South - Spring - Riverbank - £25,400.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £18,800.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £16,824.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £18,500.00
England South - Our Place - £9.64
Wales - Afon y Felin Flying Start Playgroup - £17,500.00