Glasgow, LanarkshireCirca £25,50037 hrs per week, Full Time (options for Part Time)
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Our Glasgow Secondary Schools Counselling Service is looking for 7 Counsellor's to provide a high-quality, school based professional counselling service as part of a brand new, exciting initiative in Glasgow. Through effective intervention, management of cases and assessment of needs you will ensure safe care and agreed positive outcomes with Secondary school children aged 12-18yrs.
You will work as part of a wider team to deliver the provision of a schools based counselling service. You will promote and improve the mental health, emotional resilience and wellbeing of children and young people in Secondary school who are negatively affected or are at risk of being affected by poor mental health. You will be able to effectively engage with young people to deliver counselling support, predominantly within a school setting but there may also be a requirement in a local community or home setting. We are open to job share on these positions as well as full time hours. Please state your preference, along with number of ideal days within the supporting statement on your application form.
You will make a difference by:
- Providing a high-quality service to children, young people and their families, that is outcomes-driven and based on an assessment of need.
- Delivering complex and specialist interventions with young people on a 1:1 basis, group or community setting.
- Implement lead case/care planning management, including undertaking assessing, reviewing and managing risks.
- Attending and participating at relevant multi agency meetings, providing a lead role ensuring reflective and analytical practice review.
You will need:
- A recognised counselling qualification (e.g. diploma counselling, COSCA counselling modules), with relevant experience and be registered/ accredited with COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland) or BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a multi-agency social care, schools, early years or health environment and applying safeguarding procedures.
- Experience of managing cases, in accordance with agreed procedures and completing assessments, planning and reviews to ensure positive outcomes.
- Capacity to train in relevant – Evidence Based Programmes including the Blues programme or Decider.
- Driving License and access to a suitable means of transport in order to carry out the duties of the role effectively is desired.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
Please contact Lynsey.Munro@actionforchildren.org.uk in our recruitment team for any questions about this role.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Communications - Brand - £46,000.00
Finance & Property - Financial Operations - £43,600.00
Digital Comms - Corporate & Digital Comms - Holborn - £39,000.00
Scotland - East Dunbartonshire Canal Housing Serv - £10.31
England South - Spring - Riverbank - £25,400.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £18,800.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £16,824.00
Scotland - Silverton Short Breaks - £18,500.00
England South - Our Place - £9.64