Child and Family Practitioner
East & Mid Devon
Salary scale £17200-£19400
Permanent, Full time working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Flexible hours that can include evenings to support service delivery
One position in East Devon One position in Mid Devon
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Action for Children's Devon Children's centres provide Early Help to the whole family, from pregnancy through to age eight, when families most need support using the “team around the family” approach.
As a Child and Family Worker working across East and Mid Devan, you will be responsible for taking the lead on lower level early help support caseload. You will actively participate and contribute into the team around the family support meetings, take the lead role in the crèche provision for the targeted interventions and organise and run targeted group sessions for the service users. You will also support and advise your colleagues while working within service crèche provision for the targeted interventions and use a multi-agency approach by liaising with other professional bodies.
You will make a difference by:
- You will be providing direct family support in the early help service, through a blend of digital or face to face contact.
- You will be supporting families within the early help model and managing a case load, where you will be required to record effectively, deliver an intervention, and refer onto other services as required.
- You will be contributing to and attending Team around the family meetings.
- You will be asked to support children and their families in different environments and required to be confident in representing the Action for Children Service.
-You will be supporting children and their families to Thrive with delivering different techniques and methods.
- You will be tracking children's learning and development and required to communicate with their parents and carers.
You will need:.- A NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent.
- Experience of working in nursery or similar environment.
- Confidence to deliver child led and informed interventions
- Experience with child development and planning for individual child's needs.
- Experience of working with children and families.
- Knowledge of multi-agency working.
- Good understanding of safeguarding.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and their parents/carers.
-Use of Early Years Foundation Stage and an understanding of the key person model.
-Passion and motivation to support children and families to grow, effectively communicate and develop together.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please email Sam Richardson at email@example.com
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Northern Ireland - Early Intervention Family Support Serv - £21,100.00
EDD01 - Changing Lives (Derby / Derbyshire) - £32,000.00
Scotland - Intensive Supervised Structured Care - £18,400.00
Scotland - Intensive Supervised Structured Care - £22,700.00
Scotland - East Dunbartonshire Canal Housing Serv - £19,100.00
England South - RAF Digby Airplay - £23,100.00
England North - Fostering North (Y&H) - £43,000.00