High Wycombe, BuckinghamshireCirca £18,400 pro rata or Circa £18,400 per yearHours – Full-Time or Part-Time hours available, either 16 hours or 37 hours per week on a 24/7 shift basis
Giving children and young people the foundations, they need to thrive.
Merryfields is a 14 Bed 24-hour short break service for children and young people from 5 years to 18 years old. The service includes Rainbow and Sunbeam that support children with moderate to severe learning disabilities. Rainbow supports children and young people with physical disabilities and high health care needs and Sunbeam supports children and young people with learning disabilities and behavioural support such as autism.
Please see our attached leaflet for more information. You can also click on the following links for more information about us……. See for yourself how fun and rewarding it is to work for Merryfields ;
You will make a difference by:
- Supporting the service, we provide to children.
- Supporting young people during their short breaks stay, including medication requirements, full training is provided.
- Taking responsibility for the personal care and routines of the young people.
- Supporting young people to achieve positive outcomes.
- Being responsible for the safeguarding of young people.
- Link working with young people (managing paperwork and files).
You will need:
- Experience of working with children or young people (experience working with children with disabilities would be an advantage).
- QCF 3 diploma for children and Young People's workforce social care pathway or equivalent is desirable, or the willingness to work towards this.
- Working off your own initiative.
- A positive and confident approach to engaging with children and young people.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working hours (service open seven days a week).
- A good standard of written English and the ability to make accurate notes for record-keeping purposes.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Ann Winsor on 07971095477.We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
England North - Wirral HSIS - £23,400.00
England North - Sandwell IASS - £21,000.00
Scotland - North Glasgow Family Support - £22,721.00
England North - Manchester Multi-Systemic Therapy - £34,000.00
Procurement, Property, H&S - Corporate Procurement - £41,000.00
Scotland - Pupil Equity Fund - £20,300.00
England South - Merryfields - £18,400.00
England South - Merryfields - £22,500.00
Scotland - Glasgow Gen R 8 Housing Service - £33,500.00