Stornoway, Western Isles Circa £19,000 per annum + Distant Island Allowance pro rata Permanent, part time (working 18.5 hours a week) - covering shifts on 24/7 rota basis
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Hillcrest is a 5 bedded residential Unit which accommodates children and young people who need to be looked after and offers short breaks for children with additional needs. You will be part of a team, working to a rota to meet the needs of all the children in our care. The children need consistent, caring, empathetic staff who will support them to develop to their full potential. Each child will have an individualised child's plan with set outcomes which you will work towards.
As an Assistant Residential Worker you will be supporting our young people between the ages 8 and 18 to help them reach their full potential and achieving new outcomes. You will create a stimulating and engaging environment whilst ensuring safety at all times.
You will be supporting the Residential Workers in their duties while maintaining a strong safeguarding environment for all residents at the service, adhering to GIRFEC principles & Scottish national care standards.
You will be planning and supporting young people in taking part in activities based at the service as well as out in the community in order to develop their social and life skills. You will also provide support with day to day activities and attend to personal care and the administration of medication will be included in your role.
As we operate 24 hours/ 365 days a year there is various shift times available including day shift, waking nights and sleep ins. Relevant training for this post will be provided within the organisation.
You will make a difference by:
- Supporting children to achieve positive outcomes for their future.
- Supporting with medical needs or support during all working hours if needed for the young person.
- Assisting the residential workers in their planned schedule & supporting the service.
- Providing a safe environment for the residents to enjoy time with their friends.
- Assisting the children in all aspects of their care and supporting their health and wellbeing.
- Being a figure that can be trusted by the residents of the service.
You will need:
- SVQ Level 3 Residential Childcare or the academic equivalent (or willingness to undertake).
- Experience of working with children/young people with disabilities and/or challenging behaviour.
- Experience of working in a residential care setting and undertaking personal care.
- Be caring, compassionate and committed to making a difference.
- Flexibility in working patterns and for the needs of the service including evenings and weekends.
- Safeguarding knowledge.
- Knowledge of GIRFEC and National Care Standards.
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information please contact Emma Goodwin on 01923 361725 or email email@example.com
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
England South - RAF High Wycombe Ben Club - £19,900.00
Scotland - Glasgow Intensive Family Support Service - £19,000.00
England North - Northants Disability - £17,600.00
Scotland - Glasgow Intensive Family Support Service - £24,500.00
England South - Spring - Layfield - £8.71
Scotland - Glasgow South Family Support Service - £26,000.00
Scotland - Glasgow North West Family Support Service - £19,000.00
Scotland - Glasgow South Family Support Service - £19,000.00
England South - The Vines - £22,700.00