RAF High Wycombe, BuckinghamshireCirca Salary £19,900 per annum pro rata or £10.31 per hourPart Time, Fixed Term Contract until 31st Dec 2021 (Term Time Only 2 hours per week)
Expected Working Pattern:
1x post at Medmenham Tuesday 3.15pm - 5.15pm
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
The RAF Benevolent Fund's Airplay Youth Support Programme provides children and young people with the opportunity to participate in a range innovative, fun and high-quality activities. Sessions are generally delivered in evenings during the school term with a varied holiday programme during school holiday periods.
The successful applicant will work as part of team to deliver Youth Work sessions as part of the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund's Airplay Youth Support Service. Delivering flexible, high quality activities that meets the needs of the young people aged 5-18, and their families.You will make a difference by:
- Contributing to the development, delivery, and evaluation of a programme of imaginative activities that encourage the active participation of young people aged 5-18 from the RAF community in developing their skills, personal and social development in line with the Airplay Youth Offer and Play Offer.
- Contributing to the development of opportunities for youth participation by involving young people in the decision-making processes whereby individuals and groups take on responsibilities for themselves and others in their project and the wider community.
-Working as part of a team of airplay staff, taking part in meetings, training, supervisions, and planning.
- Delivering a planned programme of appropriate range of youth and play work activities which are stimulating, engaging, challenging and creative. Contributing to the evaluation and monitoring of this work.
- Maintaining effective working relationships and channels of communications with colleagues, partners, children, young people, and families.
- Promoting good practice in a professional and inclusive manner.
You will need:
- A level 2 (or above) qualification in Youth Work or Play Work, or the willingness to undertake the training.
- At least one-year experience of delivering a programme of activities with young people both individually and in groups.
- Working collaboratively with all key partners in the delivery of services.
- To work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to engage with children, young people, their families, and carers maintaining and appropriately ending relationships.
- An understanding of the issues relating to children and families from military communities. A firm commitment to the safeguarding of children and young people
The way we workWe work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
Rewards We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.For safe and happy childhoodsAt Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact Sam Richardson on 07935545059 or email Samantha.Richardson3@actionforchildren.org.ukWe are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
EDD02 - Kernow Connect - £21,100.00
Wales - Vale of Glamorgan Short Breaks Project - £19,400.00
England South - Beaumonds Residential Short Breaks - £24,900.00
Scotland - Employability Strategic - ESIF - £26,700.00
England North - Chestnut Lodge - £23,500.00
England North - Newbiggin Childrens Centre - £22,050.00
England North - Northants Disability - £17,600.00
EDD02 - Kernow Connect - £17,600.00